Yoga Student Guidelines
* Enter the yoga room in silence. Please do not enter and start visiting. Go right in and relax in Savasana, or start stretching or meditating. Your practice begins at the door. You may want to begin your silence when you leave your car.
* Absolutely never bring a mobile phone to the temple. This doesn’t mean turn off the ringer, because sooner or later you’ll forget. Leave it in the car.
* Be kind and loving to yourself by accepting where you are. Listen to your body’s messages and allow the transformation of yoga to be gradual and permanent.
* Arrive a few minutes early. Entering class late is very disruptive and disrespectful to others, and also to your own nervous system. If you do arrive a few minutes late, do come in, but first: take a deep breath, unravel your mat outside, and avoid noisy keys and other distractions for those already in practice.
* Yoga is a personal experience, unique to each person. Never be competitive or compare yourself with others. Completely accepting yourself as you are will bring the most progress in your practice.
* Please do not wear perfume to class. People with allergies may be sensitive to it.
* Practice on an empty stomach. It is recommended that you do not eat two hours before yoga. If a special condition prevents this, fruit or a handful of soaked, skinned almonds and raisins is more easily digested.
* Please dress modestly out of respect for the Yoga Temple. Fitted Yoga clothes are fine. Your yoga practice is your spiritual discipline.
* Please leave the temple after class in silence, as others may wish to meditate.